Thursday, November 26, 2009

merci


(starmanmike on flickr)

This year, I am thankful for:

[mama and papa hariasz]
'Nuff said, really, but I'll say some more anyway. They are my two favorite people on this planet. So smart, so humble, and always here for me, pushing me to be the best and believing in me every step of the way, even when I stop believing in myself. They are my rocks. I feel so blessed to have such intelligent, open-minded, loving parents. I mean, I always knew they were, but I think that growing into an adult has made me appreciate them from an even deeper perspective.

[my akron friends]
Crazy, really, how we can move to opposite sides of the country and see each other, on average, about two weeks (if not less!) a year, but still maintain this effortless bond. This lovely bond. My core group: my best friends. I look up to them all so much. We are so lucky.

[my new york friends]
This year has been strange, friends-wise. I was very used to having one group of friends and doing everything together; seeing the same people all the time. Now that I no longer have that, it's been really wonderful getting to know a lot of people better, and not being attached to a drama-ridden group. The world is full of beautiful, inspiring, intelligent people, and I am proud to call a lot of them my friends.

[and, in no particular order]
sunshine...red wine...the night sky...bonfires...intellectual conversations...good books...driving around aimlessly...public transportation...airplanes...student discounts...lunch specials and speedy deliverymen...two dozen roses for ten dollars...yogurt...fruit...fresh bread...cute shoes...warm socks...bear hugs...amazon's free song of the day...inspiring professors...photography and creativity and art in general...paychecks...outdoor concerts...home...pandora...clean sheets...towels out of the dryer...planet earth the show...planet earth the actual planet...and people who care enough to make a difference.

1 comments:

jordan shearer said...

honestly, planet earth is one of the best shows that has ever been created