Sunday, March 28, 2010
new york moments
I sat at the hostess stand this afternoon at the restaurant in which I work, reading The New York Times during a fleeting free moment. A customer came up to me- a tall scruffy-looking man who had been eating brunch in the back dining room and was on his way out. He asked if I happened to have any mints, or gum. Unfortunately, I told him, I didn't. We proceeded to make some sort of small talk about that sad fact, and the fact that both of us were in desperate need of a mint. He then wished me a good day, and left.
About five minutes later, he came back, just as I was about to seat another party. He handed me a small paper bag and said "You left this outside." Not thinking, I took it from him and said thank you, and proceeded to go about my business. When I got back to the hostess stand, I saw that he had scrawled "Faustina: Now you're covered for @ least today :) -Richard." And below were listed two phone numbers, one for New York and one for L.A. In the bag? Some mints.
Sweet? Creepy? Hard to say.
But it was definitely a New York Moment.
Posted by faustyna at 8:10 PM
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)


0 comments:
Post a Comment