Saturday, June 19, 2010

play it again, sam


(from istanton on flickr)

You know those first few hours after you've watched a particularly engaging or compelling movie or play? Those hours where everything seems to be moving more slowly, where everything mundane suddenly seems that much more dramatic, where you can't help but imagine your own life in the context of said movie or play? No?

Maybe it's just me.

I remember, when I was little, coming home from the ballet, say, or a musical. I would go up to my little v-shaped room and twirl around, make faces in the mirror, pretending I, too, was a star. But there have been--there are--more pensive reactions. It's a sort of coma, almost. I watched Grey Gardens tonight. Not the best movie, but it did provoke a similar sort of feeling. Everything seems more alive, more important... It is a sort of dream world, I suppose. But I love this feeling. I feel creative.

So I will write.

0 comments: