Wednesday, March 17, 2010

epistolary romance


(from escape on flickr via weheartit)

Dearest Sunshine,
I'm so glad you and Spring decided to visit this week! I could have done without the sunburn, it's true, but maybe it'll turn into freckles. Thank you for warming my bones and bringing the crocuses out of hibernation.

Dear Night Sky,
You know, you're pretty awesome in New York, but in Ohio you're even better. I missed seeing the stars and feeling small. This summer I plan on sleeping under you at least once.

Hello there, Driving!
I don't know that I've ever written a love letter to a verb before. But really, Driving, you're quite nice. I miss you when I'm in New York. You feel so natural. I especially love being alone with you.

Dear Cats and Dogs,
Thanks for not raining on me anymore! Also, why are you so cute and friendly and lovable? Let's snuggle all the time, please.

Dear Scaramouch,
Will you do the fandango? Let me know.

Dear Time,
Please slow down. I'm trying to enjoy you but you're moving too fast! If somehow you could rewind and replay certain moments, that would be wonderful too. I kind of like you though. I kind of like your mystery. I do like some mystery in love affairs...

Dearest Love,
Where are you? Come hold my hand.

0 comments: