Thursday, February 11, 2010

overdue


(from weheartit.com)

I think it's high time for a blog post. I've certainly taken enough time off. I mean, this is my first post of the new year, and it's already February 11th. I wish I could say that during my blogging hiatus I've come up with all sorts of brilliant pensées and what follows will change your life as you know it.

Alas, it is not to be.

I thought I could instead update you, dearest blogosphere, on my comings and goings and my life in general. So if you'd rather be privy to my thoughts on cultural odorlessness, the importance of educating women, my obsession with ted.com, or assorted Valentine's Day-related emo-ness, stay tuned. Right now, I'm going to be entirely selfish and talk about myself.

I will try to make it entertaining, and brief.

This semester is kicking my ass. I am taking a bunch of comm classes (Intercultural Communication, Media and Global Communication, Business of Media) and also a basic essay-writing class with fourteen freshman. Which is actually not as terrible as it sounds! I am getting into the groove with all of my classes, and while it's a lot of work I think it's going to be a really good semester. It IS going to be a GREAT semester.

It's already so much better than last semester because of my cute little apartment. Yes, be jealous. I am a denizen of the East Village. La vie bohème at its finest. It is absolutely lovely to come home to a singing tea kettle, a comfy red futon, a place of my own. (And a roommate that farts, but I'm used to that by now.) But I still need a bookcase.

And I cannot wait until summer so I can sit on my fire escape and drink wine. Or play Moon River on the guitar à la Audrey Hepburn in Breakfast at Tiffany's...

Anyway, life is good.
Very good, even. :)

1 comments:

dear eliza. said...

:) we are both going to have a GREAT semester in new homes