Sunday, October 11, 2009

i think of you in colors that don't exist


(found on innovatorprocrastinator.blogspot.com)

I remember, when I was little, eagerly awaiting the arrival of the Sunday New York Times (sometimes on Saturday night!) just so I could flip straight to the Sunday Styles section. I remember curling up into a little ball, in a little patch of sunlight on the porch, and dreaming of one day being photographed by Bill Cunningham, of owning the beautiful things featured in the pages of the Times, of going to operas and movie screenings and being, overall, a successful, happy New Yorker. I remember reading the wedding announcements and the Vows, a section about a couple who are particularly well-known or whose love story is particularly interesting, or just plain beautiful.

I found Vows again today.

http://www.nytimes.com/2009/10/11/fashion/weddings/11VOWS.html?pagewanted=1&ref=weddings

I am a successful, happy New Yorker. I am still looking for my interesting and beautiful love story, but I have time. I knocked out two of my dreams already, and I am going to keep living them.

0 comments: