Sunday, June 14, 2009

summer: a work in progress

Summer came like cinnamon, so sweet.





This summer is already so much different than any other summer. What happened to the days of playing in the sprinklers in the backyard and going strawberry picking? Who am I kidding, those days were gone long ago.

I am the type of person who likes everything planned out before it happens. I probably annoy my friends with texts demanding to know what the plan is a good five hours before it happens. But this summer I'm trying something new. I bought a one-way ticket to New York City, without any concrete job/internship offers on the horizon. In short, for the past two weeks, I've been flying by the seat of my pants.

And so far, so good. Internship? Check. Job? Check. Housing? Check. And I'm having a wonderful time. As much as I complain about growing up and how scary this all is, all this responsibility, being here in New York gives me a feeling of optimism and opportunity, and it gives me energy.

I am meeting all sorts of crazy people this summer, and I think I need to write a play or something...

3 comments:

NRH said...

you should use fake names just in case they find out you think they are hairy andor a mafia boss. just looking out for you!

dear eliza. said...

i can't wait to join the cast. july 7, GIRL! bitch is back!

jordan shearer said...

spontaneity suits you. :)