Thursday, May 7, 2009

look how they shine for you



"I know nothing with any certainty,
but the sight of stars makes me dream."
-Vincent Van Gogh




One thing (among many) that Paris can lord over New York City is that one can actually see stars at night here. In New York I was constantly wishing on unseen stars. Here I can be inspired. Funny that I can feel both really tiny and really big when I look up at the stars. The star-studded sky is a vast expanse, but it is part of the universe in which I exist.



I could look at the night sky for hours and hours. I've been talking a lot about my bucket list lately, and it is my goal to learn the constellations and the stories embedded in them. I would also like to name a star. But would I ever be able to find it?

I'm excited to drink some wine on the Pont des Arts tonight and look up at the stars and dream. It's going to be lovely.

1 comments:

e said...

when you come home, you'll have to spend the night at my house. the stars over wadsworth are unbelievable. AND i have a telescope that's been calling my name. so bam. we'll telescope.