So I was flipping through my phone earlier today, as I usually do when I'm bored and/or feel awkward, and I stumbled upon the templates for text messages. There are, of course, the "I'm going to be late" and "In a meeting" templates, but the last one on the list particularly floored me.
"I Love You." That's a template? Really? If you love someone you should be able to (and should want to) take the time to type that out...I mean, what is it, eight buttons to press if you're using T9? Is that too much effort if you love someone?
Wednesday, May 13, 2009
i love you
Posted by faustyna at 1:30 AM
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)


2 comments:
I didn't even know there were text message templates. I'm just not savvy like that.
Have you ever considered that they put that message there as a template because they want the people that use their phones to say it as much as they can? Maybe it's not the convenience of saving 8 button-pushes but just a gentle nudge at getting the word out.
"They" are probably either really dumb, in your situation, or really inventive. Considering phone companies, it's probably the former. :) I would, however, like to think that maybe there are a few small children working in sweat shops, designing phones, that decided to try and make a difference in the way people express themselves. ;)
Post a Comment